Planning your workouts and meals so you can benefit from them? Sounds like a scam. But there is actual research on it. Studies have shown that working out before breakfast burns more fat.
The researchers found that the increased fat utilization is thought to be related to reduced insulin levels after a night without food. Although no difference in weight loss was observed compared to those working out after breakfast, those who fasted before a workout responded better to insulin.
What you do as a workout in the morning – strength training or cardio – is entirely up to you and your preferences. Another good thing about working out in the morning is that you’re more likely to do the workout. Many people tend to skip a workout the longer they delay it.
It would be best to have a healthy diet to make the most of a good workout routine. Quick and easy recipes will help you stay on track. A sufficient protein intake is essential, especially when working out. Our Fitline ProShape All-in-11,2 is a great product to add to your diet, whether you want to lose weight or build muscle. You can use it as a meal replacement or an addition to your usual diet to increase your protein supply.
Recipes You Will Love
A training regimen goes hand in hand with a healthy diet. Now that you started working out in the morning before breakfast, it’ll only make sense to opt for nutrient-dense meals that’ll help you see results faster. A healthy diet should also be sustainable. Nothing beats fresh ingredients and simple, easy, and quick recipes. Here are three recipes for you to try!
Breakfast. But it’s a snack, too.
Our Fitline ProShape All-in-11,2 comes in handy after your morning workout. You can have a ProShape alone or mix a few ingredients, and your breakfast is ready!
Are you vegan? Try our vegan FitLine ProShape All-in-11,2!
- FitLine ProShape All-in-11,2 of your choice
- 1 banana
- Almond milk (or another milk of your choice)
- Plain yogurt
Put all the ingredients in a blender, blend (who would’ve guessed?), and enjoy the drink! You prefer a thicker consistency? Simply add more yogurt to make it creamier. 😊
This lunch recipe is perfect for vegetarians. With just a few ingredients, you can make broccoli gratin for 2!
- 400 g of broccoli
- 20 cl of skimmed milk
- 5 cl of light cream
- 5 g of butter
- 1 egg
- 20 g grated Gruyere cheese
- 10 g of flour
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- Salt & ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 150 °C.
- Steam the broccoli for about 5 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan; fry (with garlic if you want more flavor) the chopped broccoli for about 5 minutes.
- Mix salt, pepper, cream, eggs, nutmeg, and milk. Put the broccoli in a gratin dish and pour the creamy mixture over it. In the end, put the Gruyere cheese on top for more flavor.
- Bake at 150 °C for about 45 minutes.
Feel free to add chicken or fish to the meal if you prefer the dish with meat.
Fancy a cauliflower and pumpkin curry for 2 for dinner? We’ve got you. 😊
- 1 small cauliflower
- 250 g pumpkin
- 100 ml of coconut milk
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small onion
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp of curry powder
- a few sprigs of coriander
- salt & pepper
- Separate the cauliflower into small florets and wash them. Peel, de-seed, and dice the pumpkin. Steam for 5 minutes.
- Peel and chop the garlic cloves and onion. Stir fry them in a pan with olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the curry powder, drained vegetables, coconut milk, tomato paste, and a glass of water. Add salt and pepper and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the chopped coriander at the end of the cooking time. Mix well and serve.
You can add meat or fish to this meal, as well.